Pope Francis Urges Social and Ecological Responsibility
X Architectonic Green Belt Villages Set New Standards of Eco Responsibility
"Bold Cultural Revolution" Needed to Save Planet from Climate Change & Consumerism.
Pope Francis: "Climate change can't be left to a future generation."
Jorge Mario Bergoglio
OF THE HOLY FATHER
ON CARE FOR OUR COMMON HOME
1. “LAUDATO SI’, mi’ Signore” – “Praise be to you, my Lord”. In the words of this beautiful canticle, Saint Francis of Assisi reminds us that our common home is like a sister with whom we share our life and a beautiful mother who opens her arms to embrace us. “Praise be to you, my Lord, through our Sister, Mother Earth, who sustains and governs us, and who produces various fruit with coloured flowers and herbs”.
2. This sister now cries out to us because of the harm we have inflicted on her by our irresponsible use and abuse of the goods with which God has endowed her. We have come to see ourselves as her lords and masters, entitled to plunder her at will. The violence present in our hearts, wounded by sin, is also reflected in the symptoms of sickness evident in the soil, in the water, in the air and in all forms of life. This is why the earth herself, burdened and laid waste, is among the most abandoned and maltreated of our poor; she “groans in travail” (Rom 8:22). We have forgotten that we ourselves are dust of the earth (cf. Gen 2:7); our very bodies are made up of her elements, we breathe her air and we receive life and refreshment from her waters.
SEEED College fully supports Pope Franciscus position on Climate Change, Poverty and Ecology.
"I call for a courageous and responsible effort to redirect our steps and to avert the most serious effects of the environmental deterioration caused by human activity. I am convinced that we can make a difference - I'm sure - and I have no doubt that the United States - and this Congress - have an important role to play. Now is the time for courageous actions and strategies, aimed at implementing a culture of care and an integrated approach to combating poverty, restoring dignity to the excluded and at the same time protecting nature."
X Architectonics directly addresses climate change and the human condition.
X ARCHITECTONICS SUSTAINABLE BENEFITS
A TRANSITIONAL INCLUSIVE EDUCATION METHODOLOGY THAT ADDRESSES POVERTY, HOUSING, HUNGER, ENERGY, THE HUMAN CONDITION, HUMAN MIGRATION & CLIMATE CHANGE.
HOME-FARMS are Eco Sustainable dwellings providing comfort, quality shelter, food and water while sequestering CO2. No other home-farm design are fully Eco Sustainable and Regenerative while being energy, cost and planet saving.
• CO2 SEQUESTRATION Unique ecological Carbon Capture & Storage (eCCS) and Soil Carbon Sequestration (SCS) provides secure storage of CO2 in both land soil and building materials.
• ENERGY EFFICIENT building construction, water heaters, double glazing, heating and cooling.
• ECOLOGICAL building materials, plant based, organic, no pesticides, sustainable.
• THERMAL INSULATION eCCS "breathing" insulation maintains a quieter and more comfortable home all year round - with 50-90% less heat loss.
• GREENHOUSE FOOD PRODUCTION (veranda or pergola) reflects heat into the house when needed and extra summer shade, and of course fresh food.
• PERMACULTURE and AQUAPONICS gardens provide fresh organic food and rich protein source.
• NATURAL COOLING PASSIVE house design consistently supplies fresh air for superior air quality with an optional heat recovery from exiting warm air, as cooling air enters.
• NATURAL COOLING UNDERGROUND piping system compliments Passive house system.
• EAVES over windows keeps unwanted sun out in summer and let's the sun's warmth in during winter.
• ORGANIC eCCS Block Eco materials are plant based and can decompose back into the earth without any detrimental effects.
• NO PESTICIDES are used in any growing process, hence there is no pesticide run-off into waterways.
• COTTAGE INDUSTRY Home Business and Markets.
• ECO SUSTAINABLE INDUSTRY (ESI) Green Belt construction.
• WASTE is used or recycled.